Student Educational Records
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their education records.
- The right to inspect and review the student's education records.
- The right to request the amendment of the student's education records to ensure that they are not inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the student's privacy or other rights.
- The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student's education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.
- The right to file with the U.S. Department of Education a complaint concerning alleged failure by Thomas Goode Jones School of Law to comply with the requirement of FERPA.
- The right to obtain a copy of Thomas Goode Jones School of Law's student records policy. You can obtain a copy of the policy from the Registrar's Office.