Nurturing Educators with Intelligence Plus Character
- Developmental Knowledge and Skill. Understanding of holistic human development and of individual contextual factors that influence motivation and learning and the ability to personalize instruction.
- Learning Environment Knowledge and Skill. Understanding of classroom organization and management, curriculum and professionalism, and the ability to design and manage learning environments in ways that promote students' independence as learners.
- Learning Process Knowledge and Skill. Understanding of learning as a socially-mediated, constructive process and the ability to select and implement a repertoire of instructional methods and strategies based on knowledge of learner, task, and context.
- Pedagogical Content Knowledge and Skill. Understanding the disciplines taught, and the ability to organize and express that knowledge in ways that make it accessible and useful to students.
- Communication Knowledge and Skill. Understanding of effective communication and collaboration strategies, and the ability to build inclusive learning environments and democratic communities that incorporate the needs and perspectives of students in the decision-making process.
- Assessment Knowledge and Skill. Understanding of assessment as an ongoing process involving multiple sources of information and varied assessment techniques, and the ability to use assessment to monitor and evaluate student progress and communicate assessment information accurately and clearly to students, parents and professionals.
- Critical Thinking Knowledge and Skill. Understanding of critical thinking, its processes, and its application in reaching flexible, creative, and ingenious problem solutions and decisions.
- Reflective and Professional Knowledge and Skill. Understanding of the use of self-evaluation and reflection as tools for professional growth, and the ability to use the resources within the school and broader professional community as supports for professional growth as learners and as teachers.
- Technological Knowledge and Skill. Understanding of innovation and integration of technology and repertoire of instructional methods and strategies to provide the opportunity for students to develop and learn.
- Character Knowledge and Skill. Understanding of character development, their position as mentors, role models, and transformational leaders and the process of transformation for students of diverse characteristics in diverse settings.
- Dialogue Skill and Disposition. Understanding of dialogue, an attitude to engage in dialogue and an application of dialogue as a tool to facilitate learning and understanding across diversity.
- Care Skill and Disposition. Understanding of the process to care for each student and an attitude to value each student.
- Learning Potential Skill and Disposition. Attitude that each student has the potential to learn and seek to facilitate each student's learning.
- Calling Skill and Disposition. Attitude that incorporates the spiritual dimensions of teaching and learning.