MASTER OF ARTS IN BIBLICAL STUDIES
The Master of Arts in Biblical Studies, offered online, is the capstone of our efforts to discover and to communicate the knowledge of God's Word.
With a strong Biblical core and a variety of major tracks, the Master of Arts in Biblical Studies provides both sound preparation for more effective service in the church and a broad base for further training if the student wishes to specialize in more advanced graduate study.
The Master of Arts in Biblical Studies is a 36-hour program with the option of 30 hours of course work and a thesis or the option of 36 hours of course work. With either option a written comprehensive examination and an oral examination or interview are required.
A variety of scheduling options are available.
Degree Plan (36 hrs)
- The Master of Arts in Biblical Studies Core (18 hrs)
- BI 5300 Introduction to Graduate Biblical Studies (3 hrs)
- BI 5301 Biblical Interpretation (3 hrs)
- BI 5305 Advanced Introduction to the Old Testament (3 hrs)
- BI 5306 Old Testament Theology (3 hrs)
- BI 5320 Advanced Introduction to the New Testament (3 hrs)
- BI 5321 New Testament Theology (3 hrs)
- Major Track or Area of Concentration (12 hrs)
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Youth and Family Ministry
- Thesis or Electives (6 hrs) Electives in the non-thesis option may be taken from any track unless otherwise specified.
For more information, please contact:
Alison Cahoon, Graduate Admissions Counselor
5345 Atlanta Highway
Montgomery, AL 36109-3398