If a person enters or threatens to enter the building for the purpose of causing physical violence either to persons or property, then take the following actions:
- Call 911 as soon as possible - explain to the dispatcher what is happening.
- Be sure to give good directions to the dispatcher.
- If safe, stay on the phone with the 911 dispatcher as long as possible.
- Remove students and yourself from any danger, if possible.
- Barricade yourself and students in a room away from the intruder.
- If anyone becomes injured or needs medical attention, tell the 911 dispatcher.
- Do not confront the intruder.
- Do not leave your safe position until told to do so by police or emergency responders.
- Notify Campus Security at (334) 386-7250 and the Center Director at extended campuses.