Student Rights and Responsibilities
As a student, you have the right to know:
- What financial aid programs are available and how you can qualify for them.
- The deadlines for submitting applications for each of the financial aid programs.
- How financial need was determined and what items were considered in your budget.
- How much of your financial need, as determined by Faulkner University, has been met.
- What portion of the aid received is a loan and what portion is a grant.
- The amount of the monthly loan payment and when the payment must start.
- The University’s policies concerning required attendance, enrollment, and academic standing.
- How Faulkner University determines whether you are making satisfactory progress, what happens if requirements are not met, and how eligibility may be re-established.
- How the University distributes student financial aid.
- How and when financial aid will be disbursed.
- Names of accrediting organizations.
- The cost of attendance.
- Return of Title IV funds policy.
- How and when you will be paid.
- Graduation and/or transfer-out-rate for student athletes and the general student population.
- Athletic participation rate and financial support data for intercollegiate athletics.
- Drug and alcohol abuse prevention information.
- Campus security annual report
- Privacy rights as prescribed by the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act.
Students have the responsibility to:
- Complete all forms accurately and truthfully.
- Submit all required documents on time.
- Pay special attention to and accurately complete your application for student financial aid.
- Read and understand all documents and forms that must be signed and keep copies of them.
- Accept responsibility for all agreements that you sign.
- Notify Faulkner and your servicer of any changes in address.
- Know and comply with Faulkner University refund procedures.
- Perform in a satisfactory manner the work that is agreed upon in accepting a college work-study job
- Know and comply with the deadline for application.