Graduate Degree Programs
Faulkner University's Master of Education Program is tailored to address the needs of those who have an undergraduate degree in a non-education field and who would like to obtain initial teaching certification while earning an advanced degree in education.
Certification is available in:
- Elementary Education (K6)
- English (6-12)
- Math (6-12)
- Biology (6-12)
- History (6-12)
- Physical Education (P12)
This is a flexible program that meets the need of both adult and traditional students. Consider the following:
- Courses meet in the evening for eight weeks.
- Courses typically require students to meet one night each week on campus in a traditional setting and one night each week with a study group at a time and location determined by the group (study group sessions are conducted at the discretion of the course professor).
- Courses are practical and based in research to provide maximum growth for future educators.
- Courses are taught by well-qualified and experienced educators.
- Courses teach the craft of teaching but also reflect the spiritual character of Faulkner University.
Strong Academic Advising
At Faulkner University, comprehensive academic advising and personal one-on-one attention to its students is considered a top priority. Providing students with current and appropriate academic information and guidance is essential to a quality program.
The Teacher Education Program at Faulkner University is accredited through the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).