In 1987, in concert with the Army National Guard Education Service Office, Faulkner University began offering college courses at selected National Guard armories. To date, Faulkner University has afforded educational opportunities at over 65 Army and Air National Guard facilities. We currently offer academic programs at several sites throughout the state. Classes are planned to coordinate with unit schedules and working hours of guardsmen. Smaller classes, with peers in familiar locations and personal attention from faculty, afford students good potential for academic success. Site visits, academic counseling, and access to a service-oriented staff through a toll-free number maximizes the student's time and effort. As a member of SOC (Servicemembers Opportunity College), Faulkner awards academic credit from military training and occupational specialties. Additional credit through CLEP (College Level Examination Program) and DANTES (Defense Activity for Non Traditional Education Support) is available.
Faulkner University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, to award associate, baccalaureate, master's, and juris doctor degrees.
Benefits of the Military Education Program
- Attend classes at your local armory or military installation
- Convenient on-site registration
- Personal attention by faculty and Military Education Program staff
- Flexible eight week terms
- Evaluation of military training for academic credit
- Associate degrees and/or bachelor degrees
- Smaller classes
- Academic counseling by Military Education Program staff