As part of our commitment to help students and their parents afford a Christian education, we have a very aggressive scholarship and grant program. We'll be glad to assist you as you build a financial aid package that will allow you to attend here!
- Freshmen applicants only
- ACT scores of 21-22 (SAT of 1500-1590)
- Range: $1000 - $3000 per year
- Higher awards given to those students who are actively involved in school and community services
- Scholarship committee will begin evaluations in early March
President's, Trustee's, and Founder's Scholarships:
- Competition for these scholarships will be done through on-campus interviews
- ACT scores of 23 and over (SAT of 1600 and over)
- Range: $3500 - Full tuition
- Freshmen applicants only
National Merit Finalist/Semi-Finalist Scholarships:
- Freshmen applicants only
- Must be confirmed as a National Merit Finalist or Semi-Finalist and have listed Faulkner as your first-choice university with the National Merit Corporation.
- Finalists will receive funding equal to full tuition, room, board, and mandatory fees when coordinated with federal, state, and institutional scholarships and awards.
- Semi-Finalists will receive funding equal to full tuition when coordinated with federal, state, and institutional scholarships and awards.
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship:
- May be awarded to Phi Theta Kappa members that are in good standing.
- Must have at least 60 hours of transferrable college credit with at least a 3.25 GPA.
- Award amount: up to $2500
- Transfer applicants only
- College GPA of 3.00 and over
- Range: $1000 - $3000
Grants and Awards
In addition to the awards above, students will be considered for a variety of other grants. To qualify, students must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Priority will be given to those students completing the FAFSA by March 15.
The following awards and grants are awarded for one academic year. Renewal is contingent on completion of the FAFSA, current funding levels, and a continued demonstration of financial need and satisfactory academic progress.
The University Grant may be awarded in varying amounts to students who demonstrate financial need as evidenced by the results of the yearly FAFSA.
Out-of-State students who demonstrate financial need as evidenced by the results of the yearly FAFSA may be awarded this grant.
This $500 non-need based award may be given to students who complete the filing of their FAFSA by March 15.
Church of Christ Award:
This non-need based award of $1000 per year will be given to applicants who are active members of the church of Christ. At least one recommendation letter from a minister or elder of the student's congregation is required.
Christian Camp Award:
Students who receive awards from Faulkner representatives at various Christian summer camps may be granted an award up to $500 per year.
Some scholarships are awarded by academic departments in addition to those awarded by Faulkner Student Financial Services. Contact your department to learn more about potential scholarship opportunities.
Christian College Employee Award:
Must be a dependent child of a full-time employee of a Faulkner sister college participating in the reciprocal tuition discount program. This award is for up to 50% of tuition when coordinated with all federal, state, and other institutional grants.
Christian High School Award:
Must be a graduate from a high school affiliated with the churches of Christ and a member of the National Christian School Association (NCSA). This award is for up to 25% of tuition when coordinated with all federal, state, and other institutional grants.
Must be a child of a full-time church of Christ missionary currently in a foreign field and supported by a U.S. church of Christ. This award is for up to 75% of tuition when coordinated with all federal, state, and other institutional grants.
Students who are the children of an alumnus of Faulkner or siblings of a current Faulkner student will be granted a $500 per year award.
Lads to Leaders/Leaderettes Award:
Participants in the Lads to Leaders/Leaderettes program who submit scholarship applications by the published deadline each year will be considered for this award. The National Office of Lads to Leaders/Leaderettes will recommend students to Faulkner who then may be awarded a scholarship. Award amounts vary from $250-$7500 per year.
First-time students who apply for admission before October 31 may be granted a one-time $500 award. First-time students who apply for admission before December 1 may be granted a one-time $250 award. First-time students who are accepted for admission within 6 weeks of their application date may be granted a one-time $250 award.
Scouting Leadership Award:
This award may be available to new freshmen and new transfer students who have achieved these levels:
- Boy Scouts of America (BSA) Eagle Scout
- Venturing (Coed program part of BSA) Silver Award
- Sea Scouts (Coed program part of BSA) Quartermaster Award
- Girl Scouts of the USA Gold Award
- American Heritage Girls Stars and Stripes Award
Students interested in applying for this award:
- Must apply for admission and be accepted to Faulkner University by April 1 of incoming year.
- Must submit a completed scholarship application packet by April 1 of incoming year.
Completed packets consist of:
- Written proof of the Scouting level
- A one page essay entitled What Scouting Means To Me.
- Two letters of recommendation from a non-family member. Â One must be from a scout leader.
This award can be used toward general tuition or fees in the traditional program only. Awards range from $1,000 to $3,000 per year. Student must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA while at Faulkner.
If you're interested in seeing how affordable an education at a leading Christian university can be, please contact us. Better yet, begin the process by inquiring for more information or applying on-line.