MASTER OF ARTS IN BIBLICAL STUDIES
The Master of Arts in Biblical Studies is the capstone of our efforts to discover and to communicate the knowledge of God's Word.
With a strong Biblical core and a variety of major tracks, the Master of Arts in Biblical Studies provides both sound preparation for more effective service in the church and a broad base for further training if the student wishes to specialize in more advanced graduate study.
The Master of Arts in Biblical Studies is a 36-hour program with the option of 30 hours of course work and a thesis or the option of 36 hours of course work. With either option a written comprehensive examination and an oral examination or interview are required.
A variety of scheduling options are available.
Degree Plan (36 hrs)
- The Master of Arts in Biblical Studies Core (18 hrs)
- BI 5300 Introduction to Graduate Biblical Studies (3 hrs)
- BI 5301 Biblical Interpretation (3 hrs)
- BI 5305 Advanced Introduction to the Old Testament (3 hrs)
- BI 5306 Old Testament Theology (3 hrs)
- BI 5320 Advanced Introduction to the New Testament (3 hrs)
- BI 5321 New Testament Theology (3 hrs)
- Major Track or Area of Concentration (12 hrs)
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Youth and Family Ministry
- Thesis or Electives (6 hrs) Electives in the non-thesis option may be taken from any track unless otherwise specified.
For more information, please contact:
Alison Cahoon, Graduate Admissions Counselor
5345 Atlanta Highway
Montgomery, AL 36109-3398